Monday, January 3, 2011

So it's a new year. 2011. I wonder what people will say in 70 or 80 years about the past decade. Will they laugh at the clothes we wore, marvel at our 'stone age' technology, or will they wonder what everyday life was like 'way back in the old days'?
I've been thinking about the last ten years and what they've held for me. I graduated high school (wow that makes me sound so young!), went to college (have yet to graduate), got married (coming up on 3 years in a couple of weeks), bought a house, and had the most beautiful baby boy in the world! It's hard to believe that 10 years ago today, I was 13 years old! Now that's a scary thought. It seems like time has been kicked up a notch into high gear. Liam is already almost 5 months old and it feels like he should still be a newborn. Next week I'll wake up and he'll be ready to graduate high school!
So tomorrow is my 24th birthday. I guess that's still young enough to not be embarrassed when I share my age with the world (or at least those of you bored enough to read my blog). Nothing special planned...I told Hysen I would absolutely love to just have a night in with him and Liam. Really that's just like every other night, but I just love my Justo boys to pieces! I haven't had a real birthday 'party' in a long time. I get nervous and shy sometimes for no reason at parties, even if I know everyone there. But I did tell Hysen that I want a party next year for the big 25! :) We will see.
Liam rolled over last week for the first time! Now every time we put him on his tummy, he immediately rolls over. It's like he's always been able to do it, but he's just been holding out on us! I'm so happy to see him grow and learn new skills. I love to watch him smile when he realizes he just rolled over on his own. Or when he started playing with his feet for the first time yesterday. (His belly is so big that it has taken him a while to discover he has feet down there!)
We are starting to put Liam in his crib at night (we've been co-sleeping up until now). It's kind of rough at first (for us and him), but he is starting to learn how to self-soothe. Last night he stayed in the crib until 5:30am! I am so proud of my little man. He is growing and changing so quickly!
Liam with his gifts on Christmas

Liam disguised as a present on Christmas
Well anyway, a lot has happened during the past year. So many major life changes...I'm so grateful for the happiness they have brought into my life. I look forward to this new year with it's joys and challenges (as I'm sure there will be many of both). I am eager to see what 2011 holds in store for my family.

Liam and Hysen head to church
(Liam's first time in shoes!)


No comments:

Post a Comment