Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bliss

A tribute to family....I feel so blessed to have the family I do. I have a son who amazes me and fills my heart each and every day. My husband is my best friend and eternal companion. I am such a lucky woman to have these wonderful men in my life.  


Time is speeding up without my permission. I wish it would stop or at least slow down a hair. Liam is approximately 14 lbs and 24 inches (up from 6.5 lbs anf 19 inches at birth). He's 3 months old already people! When the heck did that sneak up on me? It seems like he amazes me everyday with some new skill. He put his hands together for the first time Sunday and now he acts like he's been doing it all along. He rolled onto his side yesterday morning for the first time. Part of me wants to cheer him on and another part of me says, "Wait! Stop and stay little for a while." My Liam is the sweetest little soul in the world to me. I never knew how much I could instantly love someone I had never met before.

Liam reads his favorite book
 We had a pleasant, if uneventful, Thanksgiving vacation. I made a traditional dinner, lumpy mashed taters and all. We put up the Christmas tree and Liam even "helped" a little. I love this time of year...it always makes me reflect on the blessings I have been given...and sometimes it makes me a little sad to be so far away from other family members. But I love to let myself get caught up in the spirit of the season. This year especially, I have so much to be grateful for. For example, right now I'm glad I have two hands because Liam is fast asleep in one arm and I'm using the other to type this one-handed.
I always start the holiday season off by watching Frosty The Snowman and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Christmas just doesn't seem complete without them.


Rudolph gets his glow on

Gotta love that abominable snow monster

2 comments:

  1. Sweet post Bretty.......I'm going to read the Christmas Carol this year....want to read together? Share some holiday spirit albeit over the internet......

    Ella looked at the photos today.....she is walking around saying Liam's favorite book is "Goodnight Moon" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas Carol sounds good. I'll get it as soon as I pay my late fee at the li-baby.

    ReplyDelete